EMSAAC's Legislative Committee tracks proposed legislation affecting EMS, and engages in political action on behalf of our members based on a Legislative Platform approved by the Board of Directors. The Committee also works closely with CHEAC and their Executive Director Judith Reigel, our legislative advocate in Sacramento.
Current committee members include:
- Dan Burch, San Joaquin County EMS (Chair)
- Bruce Barton, Riverside County EMS
- Cathy Chidester, Los Angeles County EMS
- Pat Frost, Contra Costa County EMS
- Miles Julihn, Marin County EMS
- Larry Karsteadt, North Coast EMS
- Nancy Lapolla, San Mateo County EMS
- Dan Lynch, Central California EMS
- Tom Lynch, Inland Counties EMS
- Richard Murdock, Mountain Valley EMS
- Vickie Pinette, Sierra-Sacramento Valley EMS
- Dr. Karl Sporer, EMDAC
- Dr. Greg Gilbert, EMDAC
The California Legislature has adjourned for the 2015 session and forwarded over 800 bills to the Governor's Office for his signature. This year the Governor vetoed 14.1% of the bills that reached his desk, sending a clear message to Legislators regarding his agenda and priorities.