EMSAAC's Legislative Committee tracks proposed legislation affecting EMS, and engages in political action on behalf of our members based on a Legislative Platform approved by the Board of Directors. The Committee also works closely with CHEAC Executive Director Judith Reigel, our legislative advocate in Sacramento.
Current committee members include:
- Dan Burch, San Joaquin County EMS (Chair)
- Bruce Barton, Riverside County EMS
- Cathy Chidester, Los Angeles County EMS
- Pat Frost, Contra Costa County EMS
- Miles Julihn, Marin County EMS
- Larry Karsteadt, North Coast EMS
- Nancy Lapolla, Santa Barbara County EMS
- Tom Lynch, Inland Counties EMS
- Richard Murdock, Mountain Valley EMS
- Jan Ogar, San Mateo County EMS
- Michael Petrie, Santa Clara County EMS
- Vickie Pinette, Sierra Sacramento Valley EMS
- Karl Sporer, MD, EMDAC/Cal-ACEP
The 2014 legislative session has now begun and the Legislative Committee will be conducting weekly conference calls beginning January 23rd. For additional information please contact Committee Chair, Dan Burch.