EMSAAC's Legislative Committee tracks proposed legislation affecting EMS, and engages in political action on behalf of our members based on a Legislative Platform approved by the Board of Directors. The Committee also works closely with CHEAC Executive Director Judith Reigel, our legislative advocate in Sacramento.
Current committee members include:
- Dan Burch, San Joaquin County EMS (Chair)
- Bruce Barton, Riverside County EMS
- Cathy Chidester, Los Angeles County EMS
- Pat Frost, Contra Costa County EMS
- Miles Julihn, Marin County EMS
- Larry Karsteadt, North Coast EMS
- Nancy Lapolla, Santa Barbara County EMS
- Tom Lynch, Inland Counties EMS
- Richard Murdock, Mountain Valley EMS
- Jan Ogar, San Mateo County EMS
- Michael Petrie, Santa Clara County EMS
- Vickie Pinette, Sierra Sacramento Valley EMS
- Karl Sporer, MD, Cal-ACEP
The current legislative session has now ended and the Legislative Committee is on hiatus. EMSAAC was very successful with its advocacy efforts this year. Proposed legislation vetoed by the Governor prior to the October 13th deadline may appear next year as a two-year bill.