EMSAAC's Legislative Committee tracks proposed legislation affecting EMS, and engages in political action on behalf of our members based on a Legislative Platform approved by the Board of Directors. The Committee also works closely with CHEAC and their Executive Director Judith Reigel, our legislative advocate in Sacramento.
Current committee members include:
- Dan Burch, San Joaquin County EMS (Chair)
- Bruce Barton, Riverside County EMS
- Cathy Chidester, Los Angeles County EMS
- Pat Frost, Contra Costa County EMS
- Miles Julihn, Marin County EMS
- Larry Karsteadt, North Coast EMS
- Nancy Lapolla, San Mateo County EMS
- Dan Lynch, Central California EMS
- Tom Lynch, Inland Counties EMS
- Richard Murdock, Mountain Valley EMS
- Vickie Pinette, Sierra-Sacramento Valley EMS
- Dr. Karl Sporer, EMDAC
- Dr. Greg Gilbert, EMDAC
The 2015 session of the California Legislature has adjourned with over 800 bills sent up to the Governor's Office for his signature. This year the Governor vetoed 14.1% of the bills that reached his desk, sending a clear message to Legislators regarding his agenda and priorities.