EMSAAC's Legislative Committee tracks proposed legislation affecting EMS, and engages in political action on behalf of our members based on a Legislative Platform approved by the Board of Directors. The Committee also works closely with CHEAC and their Executive Director Judith Reigel, our legislative advocate in Sacramento.
Current committee members include:
- Dan Burch, San Joaquin County EMS (Chair)
- Bruce Barton, Riverside County EMS
- Cathy Chidester, Los Angeles County EMS
- Pat Frost, Contra Costa County EMS
- Miles Julihn, Marin County EMS
- Larry Karsteadt, North Coast EMS
- Nancy Lapolla, San Mateo County EMS
- Dan Lynch, Central California EMS
- Tom Lynch, Inland Counties EMS
- Richard Murdock, Mountain Valley EMS
- Vickie Pinette, Sierra-Sacramento Valley EMS
- Dr. Karl Sporer, EMDAC
- Dr. Greg Gilbert, EMDAC
The 2015 session of the California Legislature is in session. During the session, EMSAAC's Legislative Committee conducts weekly conference calls. To participate in these closed conference calls, email Committee Chair Dan Burch at: Dan Burch.