EMSAAC's Legislative Committee tracks proposed legislation affecting EMS, and engages in political action on behalf of our members based on a Legislative Platform approved by the Board of Directors. The Committee coordinates EMSAAC's advocacy with legislators and attendance at legislative hearings with the County Health Executives Association of California, our registered lobbyist in Sacramento.
Current committee members include:
- Dan Burch, San Joaquin County EMS (Chair)
- Bruce Barton, Riverside County EMS
- Cathy Chidester, Los Angeles County EMS
- Pat Frost, Contra Costa County EMS
- Miles Julihn, Marin County EMS
- Larry Karsteadt, North Coast EMS
- Nancy Lapolla, San Mateo County EMS
- Dan Lynch, Central California EMS
- Tom Lynch, Inland Counties EMS
- Richard Murdock, Mountain Valley EMS
- Vickie Pinette, Sierra-Sacramento Valley EMS
- Dr. Karl Sporer, EMDAC
- Dr. Greg Gilbert, EMDAC
The Committee convenes weekly for conference calls to discuss newly proposed legislation. To see the bills of interest being followed, download the latest Legislative Report attached below.