EMSAAC's Disaster Committee represents our members in Statewide Medical and Health disaster planning efforts, and advocates for appropriate roles and authorities for local EMS agencies.
Current committee members include:
- Nancy Lapolla, Santa Barbara County EMS (Chair)
- Bruce Barton, Riverside County EMS
- Dan Burch, San Joaquin County EMS
- Steve Carroll, Ventura County EMS
- Steve Lieberman, San Luis Obispo County EMS
- Pat Frost, Contra Costa County EMS
- Michael Petrie, Santa Clara County EMS
- Vickie Pinette, Sierra-Sacramento Valley EMS
- Kirk Schmitt, Monterey County EMS
- Dan Speiss, Northern California EMS
Our Disaster Committee works closely with the EMS Authority's Disaster Medical Services Division in planning for coordinated disaster medical response in California. The Committee also acts in an advisory capacity to the California Department of Public Health on planning efforts to coordinate Public Health response during disasters.